Friday, March 27, 2009

watch 1st Twenty20 South Africa vs Australia live streaming

Nel, who has played 36 Tests and 79 one-day internationals in an 11-year career, will be registered as a 'Kolpak' player after rescinding his Cricket South Africa contract - allowing New Zealand all-rounder Grant Elliott to be employed, as planned, as Surrey's overseas player for the first half of the coming season.

The South African, renowned for his occasionally explosive on-pitch persona, will join a Surrey pace attack already containing Pedro Collins, Chris Jordan, Jade Dernbach, Alex Tudor, Stuart Meaker and Jimmy Ormond.

"I am delighted to be joining Surrey as I enter a new phase of my career," said Nel.

"I have had a number of fantastic experiences here in the UK with South Africa, Northamptonshire and Essex and cannot wait to return to join up with Surrey."I cannot wait to arrive in April and pull on the Surrey shirt for the first game of the season.""The addition of Andre Nel to the Surrey dressing room underlines the ambition I have for the club," said Adams.

No comments: